How to look after your wellbeing during and after lockdown
Nurturing wellbeing every day
We’re facing difficult times as a nation, but by doing our part, the positive effect each of us has on stopping COVID-19, aka coronavirus, will be massive. Taking the measures to stay at home, practising social distancing and ensuring the safety of others constitute the biggest communal project of our lifetimes.
In the face of such a huge shared public service as a nation, it’s important that you don’t lose sight of your own needs too! Everyday wellbeing is so important, both for your mental and physical health. Just because you’re stuck at home, doesn’t mean you can’t still practise some key wellness routines to ensure you come out of the government lockdown cheery and spry.
At Vitality CBD we always state that CBD should be taken as part of a balanced lifestyle, but until now we’ve not shared much of our health and wellness tips. What follows are 5 tips that the Vitality CBD staff have been practising for the past few weeks as we adjust to the new everyday!
Promoting positive mental health at home
Not all of this will apply to all of you, but wellness is all about taking the time to discover how you tick as an individual. Hopefully the following pieces of health advice will help you discover your own day-to-day wellbeing needs.
- Follow your work routine: This is the one everyone we spoke to sang the value of. It might seem silly when you’re a 2 minute commute from your work space, but even small things like making sure that you get up, shower, and get fully dressed will keep your wellness levels high.
- Follow any routine: Not working? Whether you’re furloughed or without work, we’d still suggest you get up early, have a coffee, and do something you value, whether it’s reading, gardening or even some basic exercise. Getting something you feel is productive done under your belt early in the day will boost your wellbeing massively.
- Get outside daily: The thought of going for a jog may cause you to break into a cold sweat, but now that your time outside is so limited, use it to the max! Even just a brisk walk around the neighbourhood (ensuring you maintain your 2 metre distance!) will do a world of good for keeping your head clear. It’s the best method of relieving stress at your disposal.
- Stay hydrated: We’re 60% water, didn’t you know? All joking aside, just because you’re moving less than a slug does , doesn’t mean you should hydrate any less. Drinking your 2 litres of water a day has been shown to have an active impact on your mental outlook and your physical wellbeing.
- Keep your work and home separate: When your office is your lounge it can be difficult switching off, but it’s essential for your mental health. Set a cut-off time each day for your work, and stick to it. If possible, work somewhere you don’t usually relax, so that the two don’t become associated subconsciously.
- Pick up that hobby: It’s time! You’ve been thinking about becoming a jazz flutist or a woodworker or a hat-maker for 15 years, and now, you actually can. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself, but coming out the other side with a new skill is a great motive to keep yourself practising. No band recitals yet though, I’m afraid.
- ...and binge TV: Not everything you do in lockdown has to be productive. Just because you saw an Instagram influencer who’s already written a novel doesn’t mean a) it’s any good, or b) you can’t sit down and watch 10 hours of true crime trash. Indulge your binge—you’ll feel so much better for it.
- Reach out to friends and family: Like we said before: everyone is in the same boat! Sure, you’ve probably had a phone call with your parents or your siblings, but this is a great time to reconnect with old friends who you’ve not seen in yonks. You can guarantee they’ll be home at the very least!
- Make space for yourself: Whether you’re living with family, in a house-share, or just with your partner, don’t feel like you have to spend every waking moment together. Even in a small home, taking time to yourself is integral to your mental health. Plus, it makes the time you do spend hanging out together all the more important!
- Switch off tech before bed: Equally important is taking time away from technology before you rest. Being in the same space all day means your brain might have a harder time than normal switching off—steering clear of blue light screens and anxiety-inducing news can be a big aid for your brain.
If you’re completely unfamiliar with CBD, then let’s walk things back a second. CBD is a substance that we extract naturally from the hemp plant. All studies undertaken so far suggest it has a good safety profile.
We receive many health questions about CBD, but unfortunately we can’t make any health claims around CBD and its properties. Instead, it is important to note how it can be integrated into the body, and why we consider CBD to be the “natural choice”.
Your endocannabinoid system
Everyone has an endocannabinoid system, and yet you’ve probably never heard of it. The ECS was discovered in 1992, and has been shown to monitor several parameters in the human body.
So, what does that have to do with CBD? Essentially, your body already produces chemicals (endocannabinoids) that are directly similar to CBD. That means that CBD can be integrated naturally into your body.
The best CBD products for you during lockdown
Now you have a good grounding in CBD and its natural means of interacting with your body, what are the next steps before you buy CBD? There are plenty of things to consider, but given some common complaints we were having from our customers, we wanted to foreground two specific solutions.
Find focus with our CBD Focus Drops
Whether you’re working from home, or if you’ve been furloughed, routine can be a difficult thing to maintain. There’s less reason to get out of bed in the morning (especially when it’s so cosy), and those emails have never looked less appealing to open. Thankfully, we’ve got a solution.
We first formulated our CBD Focus Drops for use mid-workout, including the ingredient vitamin A to help maintain clear, focused vision and keep your iron metabolism steady. What we’ve found though, is that they’re great for a day spent looking at a laptop all day long.
It can get tiring looking at a screen at the best of times, but even more so when it’s one of the handful of things you can do each day! Try our CBD Focus Drops today, and you might be surprised how much your attention bounces back.
Get some rest with our CBD Relax Drops
These are the ones we vouch for most; nearly everyone in the office takes them! We recognise that this lockdown can be a triggering, difficult time for everyone, and we all deserve a chance to truly relax each day. That’s why our CBD Relax Drops do what they say on the tin.
These were also designed as part of an active lifestyle, but since day one we’ve encouraged our users to try them in all sorts of different scenarios. CBD Relax Drops contain lemon balm, a well-regarded antioxidant that has also been highlighted for contributing to a good, calm rest. A natural night’s sleep is always best!
These aren’t just for rest though—they really are all about relaxing! We all deserve to be taking some time for self-care right now, and these CBD drops are a helpful addition to any wellbeing routine you may be practicing. Look after yourself, now more than ever.
Learn about CBD
At Vitality CBD, we provide a holistic experience, to promote understanding and wellbeing the world over. Our speciality though, is making premium CBD oils. If you’d like to learn more about CBD, and taking your first steps as a CBD user, then why not check out our comphrehensive CBD guide? It’s a great first step.
Already tried CBD, and looking for the right product for you? Well, we also offer high quality CBD oils, CBD topicals, CBD cosmetics, CBD e-liquids, and CBD edibles! Whatever your need, we’ve committed to making the best CBD products across the board.
Got a question, whether about lockdown, quarantine and isolation, or just about CBD? You can reach out to us via our contact page, or pop in the live chat Monday-Friday 9-5pm. It’s in the bottom right corner of each page!